I recently shared some of my thoughts on calling others to faith in Christ at First Alliance Church in Lexington. As always my message (which you can listen to by clicking here) was primarily directed toward me. What a tremendous relief it truly is to realize that our job is simply to proclaim the Good News and not to “save” people! What an encouragement it is to truly realize that we can’t “loose” when we share our faith out of love! Even if we are rejected for being a witness, we are blessed!
1 Peter 4:14 “If you are rejected for the name of Christ, blessed are you, for the spirit and glory of God rests upon you.”
Luke 6:22,23 “Blessed are you when men hate you, when they reject your name as evil, because of the son of man. Rejoice in that day and leap for joy! For great is your reward in heaven.”
Indeed the only way we will be unsuccessful or “loose” in witnessing is to simply not share our faith! So let’s engage others in conversations about faith issues more in 2012! Below I’ve included the questions that I shared in the message (and a few extra’s) that can help us get the conversation started with those we encounter! May at the end of 2012 your testimony be the same as Peter who before the Sanhedrin in Acts 4 proclaimed, “For we cannot help speaking about what we have seen and heard.”
Spiritual Conversation Starters:
- Is there anything I can pray for you about? Do you believe prayer matters? Can I tell you a story about the most incredible prayer I’ve experienced God answer in my life?
- Where are you on your spiritual Journey?
- You’re Catholic? Baptist? Etc… So what do you believe?
- Has anyone told you why we are doing this? (when serving)
- When you die, what do you think is on the other side?
- Why do you where that cross on your necklace? Does it have spiritual significance to you?
- How do you think a person goes to heaven?
- What is the most important thing in the world to you?…What do you think will be the most important thing in the world to you the day you die?
- What do you think is the worst thing that could ever happen to you?
- Would you say that you have a relationship with Jesus Christ? (Yes…No…Maybe) Tell me about it.
- If you died today, how sure are you that you would go to heaven? (50%, 90%, 100%) Would you like to know how the Bible says you can be 100% sure?
- Did you hear about (insert most recent tragedy in news)? What do you think happens to all those people when they die?
- Can I tell you about something that is very important to me?
- If God asked you why He should let you into Heaven what would you say?
- If you could ask God any questions what would it be? Would you like my thoughts on that question?
- How good do you think someone has to be in order to get to heaven?